WHAT IS PERMACULTURE?
Everyone seems to have their own take on what permaculture actually is… Here’s ours.
- Permaculture asks, “How can we live more harmoniously with our environment?”
- It’s derived from the concept of permanent culture / agriculture
- It’s a design method that integrates appropriate technologies and observations of nature
- Permaculture seeks not only to protect the environment, but also to use its wealth in a way that supports both present and future generations
- Permaculture is about right here, right now: local food production, local energy production, local building materials, local knowledge
IMAP’s courses and workshops combine all of these elements and draws on ancient Mayan knowledge to help ensure food sovereignty, ecological sanitation, the use of native seeds and the conservation of local ecosystems.
To find out more about how to get certified in permaculture design, check out what IMAP offers in terms of Permaculture Design Course (PDC) (PDC).